Helping you support your staff
What is an Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)?
An Employee Assistance Programme – or EAP – is often implemented by organisations to provide counselling and care for their employees. EAPs offer support for both personal and work-place related issues including:
- Stress, anxiety, depression and bereavement
- Financial or debt concerns
- Alcohol, drugs or substance misuse
- Family and relationship issues
- Health and wellbeing
- Home or work-place bullying
- Legal advice
Why should you use an EAP?
Providing for your employees’ mental health needs helps to create a positive workplace culture and can help to improve the health and wellbeing of your staff by providing quick and easy access to support. Employees can access the service directly, or, with their permission, can be referred by the employer.
This does not replace HR or line management support. It is an additional and confidential first line support service provided by registered professionals to give the immediate and knowledgeable advice and support that HR or line management may not always be able to offer.
About Care first
Camino HR has partnered with an EAP called Care first. Operating from Gloucester, Care first offers:
- 24/7 direct and immediate access to BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy) accredited counsellors. There is no call screening or triage, every call is answered by a BACP accredited counsellor who can begin to provide support immediately.
- An established group of counsellors across the UK that the employees can be referred to for up to 8 face-to-face counselling sessions per issue. (Telephone or video calls during covid)
- Telephone Information and Advice Services, based on Citizens Advice, providing comprehensive and expert advice on health, financial and legal issues.
- An online resource library.
How much does it cost?
We can obtain a discounted rate for Camino HR clients with up to 50 employees of £500.00 plus VAT per client per annum to cover all of the above. The cost can be reduced to £350 plus VAT per annum by excluding the option of face to face counselling and paying for this, if the need arises, at the ad-hoc rate of £65 per session.
The cost for Camino HR clients with over 50 employees would be higher, although they would still benefit from a discount by using our partnership scheme. Camino HR will charge an additional £50 per client to cover administration, but does not take any commission from Care first.
Can we go directly to Care first instead of Camino HR?
Yes, Care first offers services directly to businesses, but this is charged at a minimum rate of £1000 plus VAT for the same service. We have chosen Care first because we believe they offer the best service for our clients, but you may also wish to look at other EAP providers before deciding.
It’s important to make sure your staff have access to the support they deserve. Most good employee assistance programmes are often priced for larger businesses, so they aren’t financially viable for smaller organisations. We believe our discounted EAP scheme is the best choice for smaller businesses with up to 50 employees.